29 July 2008

The Flowchart

At the beginning of my shift, I pick up a cab at the yard. I talk to the cashier, say hello to the mechanics and other drivers, eventually finding my taxi in the far corner of the lot. Even if it's a car I drive regularly, any number of things could have happened to it since I drove it last. For safety, you inspect the vehicle.

When I was a new driver, I wasted time checking to see if everything in the car worked -- not realizing what was important, not having a streamlined process for the beginning of my shift. Now I have that understanding, and I've turned my process into an easy-to-follow flowchart which should be handy to the new driver and beneficial to the old driver (in case of Alzheimer's).

You're welcome.

1 comment:

9Sparrows said...

I <3 your blog